The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) development team is pleased to
announce the immediate availability of the new TDE R14.0.5 release.
TDE is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like
operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional
desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.5 is the fifth maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is built
on and improves the previous R14.0.4 version. Maintenance releases are
intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall
stability through the avoidance of both major new features and major
R14.0.5 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by
this maintenance release.
* Fixed OGG file playing (TDE login sounds now works again :-) )
* Fixed sound server and arts crashes
* Fixed device detection from Media Manager in kscd
* Fixed several kdesktop_lock related bugs
* Fixed status of Trash bin on desktop
* Fixed notification of removable media
* Fixed info page protocol support (regression in previous release)
* Fixed regression with open/save dialogs on ftp or removable disks
* Fixed support for NetworkManager with randomized MAC addresses
* Fixed detection whether the system is big endian
* Fixed memory leaks
* Improved timer handling in TDEPowersaver
* New sessions can now correctly be started as "pre-lock", useful where
autologin is enabled
* Added support for GnuPG 2.1
* Improved KGPG server configuration
* Enhanced Ark and Ark plugin interface and support for .rar files
* Improved calculations in mini-cli
* Improved icon display in system tray
* Improved support for Jabber protocol in Kopete
* Dropped support for discontinued AIM protocol in Kopete
* Enhanced mime type code
* Added support for G-code in Kate syntax highlighting
* Added support for OpenSSL 1.1
* Improved support for TLS v1.2
* Improved support for Clang
* Added support for GCC7 and GCC8
* Added support for Java8 and newer
* Added support for ICU 58 and newer
* Added detection for ruby 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5
* Fix security issue CVE-2016-10040
* Fix security issue CVE-2017-6410
The full version of the release notes is available at
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available at
A detailed commit change log is also available at
Previous R14.0 Release Notes
Release notes for previous versions of TDE are avaiable here.
TDE continues to offer support for FreeBSD, although still partial given
some of the new issues that have arisen with the latest versions of
FreeBSD. The TDE team will try their best to improve support for FreeBSD
but progress will probably be slow. Additional developers or contributors
willing to help porting the remaining features and applications are
Installation instructions and binary packages are immediately available
for Debian and Ubuntu. Packages for RedHat/CentOs, Fedora, Mageia,
OpenSUSE, and PCLinuxOS are being built by their respective maintainers
and may be already available or will be soon.
Live CDs with TDE R14.0.5 preinstalled are or will be available soon on
the LiveCDs page.
Credits and acknowledgements
We thanks all the people that are (or have been) involved in making TDE
the great desktop environment that it is.
We would also like to officially thanks vpsFree.org for kindly providing
free hosting for some of the services used to make Trinity Desktop a
better software, most notably the main redirector, which makes
distribution of new versions significantly faster, Slavek's preliminary
builds and our new Gitea self-hosted collaboration workspace.
Contribute to TDE development
The TDE development team is small but friendly. If you wish to participate
in the TDE development process, please visit the Get involved page for
There many things you can contribute to, from documentation review to bug
fixes as well as brand new software features or applications.
Feedback from our users is also an integral part of a large,
user-experience oriented project such as TDE. Whether you want to report
a bug, suggest an improvement or simply let us know your opinion about
TDE, please feel free to contact us. Two good places to start
communication are the project's mailing lists at
https://www.trinitydesktop.org/mailinglist.php and bug tracker at
Donate to the TDE Project
Creating TDE requires significant computing resources and bandwidth.
Please consider helping to keep us online with a donation on our
donations page at https://www.trinitydesktop.org/donate.php . Without
your financial assistance, TDE would not be possible!
Press Contact Information
Project Founder/Administrator: Timothy Pearson,